Saturday, January 16, 2010

The first part of our trip

We fly out a day later than planned because our flight got cancelled but when we finally made it to Hawaii, all the misery of that day was gone!! I love the smell of Hawaii when you first walk out of the plane and into the airport. Hawaii smells so good, it smells like Plumeria! I love to suck in the smell as much as I can before I get use to it and can't smell it anymore.

We arrived at night so we when straight to Jethro's brother Joe's house and Ana was so excited to sleep in the living room with her cousins. I thought for sure she would end up in bed with us before the night was over. She did come into the room a few times just to give me a hug and kiss in the middle of the night and when she turned to go back to bed I asked her if she wanted to sleep with me and she said "No, I just wanted to kiss you" It was so surprising and sweet!


Of couse the next day we got some beach time in before we loaded on another plane for Samoa. It was a perfect beach day too!!




Ana was so excited to see her cousin Gracie again.

Ana was in dog heaven, she immediatly went into "dog mode" and started digging in the dirt and running on the beach like a dog. It was so funny that girl LOVES to pretend to be a dog!!


Penina was scared of the beach at first. I don't think she liked the feel of the sand or something.
But it was such a great way to kick off the trip!
A few hours later we were on a plane to Samoa. Joe works for Hawaiian Air, which is the only airline that flies to Samoa so he made sure his co-workers hooked us up and we got star treatment!! And the best part was the girls both slept the WHOLE flight!!

No comments: