Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy 5 years!!

5 years ago yesterday at 7:34pm after 22 long hours of labor my 1st beautiful wided eyed baby girl was born. Whenever I look at Ana I still try and relive that moment of seeing my baby for the first time and how amazing it was to look into her eyes and call her mine! Where did the time go, my baby is 5 and dying to go to school. Jethro and I felt that this was such a milestone in in her life we wanted to make her birthday really special. So we celebrated for 4 days!! Because her birthday landed on sunday Jethro and I took thursday off of work and took Ana to a place called Jungle Jims, its like the kids part of Lagoon, but indoors. Ana loved it and Penina was able to go on the rides.







One ride was faster then we expected and Penina was squished up against the side of the car with a look of horror on her face but she never cired and even wanted to on it again but I couldn't do that to her so Jethro went with Ana the second time. Then we went to lunch at Marie Calenders and then went home and gave Ana her birthday present early. We gave her a scooter and helmet and took her to Classic Skating.



I haven't been to Classic Skating since I was 14. It was so fun to go back there, that place hasn't changed. Ana rode her scooter and Jethro and I skated. I wanted to hold hands while we skated because thats what you did with the boy you liked back in my day but I was pushing Penina in the stroller and I felt like I was going to fall if I let go LOL.



Ana attempted roller skating but still has a long way to go. It was a fun first day of celebrations. We all crashed when we got home we were so tired.



The next day Ana's cousins came over and she had a sleep over birthday party. We played games, I let them decorate their own cupcakes and then we sang happy birthday. The girls watched a movie and fell asleep.






Then next day I let them play all morning and then took them to Jump On It in the afternoon.






Gracie had to much fun I guess and fell asleep half thru our session. Then I took them back home and let them play the rest of the day before I took the girls home at 5. Sunday Ana was excited to have the primary sing to her and her teacher gave her some cupcakes. Then our plan was to just relax at home but Kim called and asked if we wanted to come up for dinner, I never turn down a meal I don't have to cook especially Kims she is a great cook!!! LOL So we had dinner at Kims and she even had a small birthday cake for Ana. That concluded our 5th birthday celebrations. Ana seemed to really enjoy her birthday.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Ana! Siona was so sad she missed your birthday yesterday @ church. She was sick, but we were surprised she remembered. Hope you had a great 4 days of celebration.

Maile Fano said...

Kalena had SO much fun! Thanks Traci and Jethro. After calming down, she actually told me about her game of twister. The reason she told me was because of the R and L that was written on her feet. I can't believe how old they are and how time has gone by so quickly,

Nava_jo said...

Traci, you are such fun parents! I can't believe Ana is five already. Time sure does fly! Well Happy Birthday Ana, looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing :)

Becca said...

Really such adorable kids. Happy birthday Ana. How can she be 5 when you were just starting kindergarten yesterday?

Shane's Angie said...

I love how we still "share" birthdays! We had a 3 day celebration with Evie, she had Kangaroo Zoo on Saturday, a party with the Sullivans on Sunday, and a party with the Pectols on Monday night. Phew! Are you as pooped as I am?
Those girls of yours are just adorable! Happy Birthday Ana!