Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Late Fathers Day post..


This is a very late post and I really wanted to do a post for Fathers Day but we had a busy weekend! I just wanted to express my love and appreciation to Jethro for being a wonderful husband and most of all a wonderful father!! He is a big kid at heart and loves to play with Ana and all his nephews and nieces!! We had a bbq last wednesday and Jethro played with the kids most of the time, I know they love him and have so much fun with him. I'm so grateful to have married a man who hasn't forgotten how to be a kid!! Not only is Jethro so much fun but he is a hard worker and does his best to provide for his family! One of the things I really love and appreciate about Jethro and sometimes I poke fun of, but I truely am grateful for his awareness of things going on around us. He is always making sure we are safe whether at home or in public, Jethro is prepared to protect his family and I truely am so grateful for that. When I'm out alone in public or even at home his "training" has rubbed off on me I always make sure I look people in the eye and keep eyes on whats going on around me!! This may sound like a weird thing to be grateful for but like many of you I'm sure it would break my heart if anything were to happen to my family! ANYWAY there are many wonderful things about my husband that I could go on and on but those are the things that are on my mind today and I wanted to share!!!








This is my dad on Fathers Day enjoying a nice sunday nap!!
I also want to express my love and appreciation to my dad as well!! My dad is my hero, he does anything and everything for his famly! There have been many a times he has come to my rescue! From car accidents and locking keys in my car at 2AM with the car running in the freezing winter, he is always there and helping me out of my stupidity!! My dad is a great example of a hard worker and its funny the things he use to do that bugged me as a kid I now do to Jethro and Ana and as our family grows I know I'll continue to do it. One of the things my dad always says that I use to hate is "If you see a job that needs to be done, DO IT!" now I say that to Jethro when he complains how messy the house is LOL and I know I'll continue to use it when we have teenagers!! Also I use to hate it when my dad would come in my room on saturday mornings and open my blinds and sing "LAAZZYY bones, sleep'n in the sun, when you gonna get your days work done" I sing that to Jethro too hahaha when he sleeps in on the weekends! I love my dad so much and am so grateful to be his daughter, I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such wonerful men in my life, I couldn't have asked for a better father and a better father for my children!!

1 comment:

Shane's Angie said...

That was so fun to hear about Jethro and your dad...I'm so going to use that Lazy bones quote!