Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SPOILED..

Having a baby has its tough moments adjusting to a new routine and all. I think the hardest thing to adjust to is making dinner again! LOL I've been spoiled the last three weeks, we've had meals brought into us by my family, Jethro's family, friends and ward members! Its been so nice to have home cooked meals that I didn't have to slave over LOL but now we have to adjust to cooking again. I want to thank everybody who has been so generous and kind to bring meals to us and helped us out after I had the baby!!
We had a lot of yummy meals and a few new dishes that were surprisingly good, so I'm asking you, as my friend Angie would say, BLEADERS (blog readers), to tell me what your favorite meal was that you cooked this past week, I need new menu ideas and healthy ones too. If you have time to post the recipe please do, I want main dishes, side dishes and dessert details even if its just as simple as adding frozen veggies to a pot of rice please share I need all the help I can get and the simpler the better LOL!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leave your email on my blog or something and I will send you some!

Lavin's said...

My favorite meal is my own chicken stir fry. Being a full time Mom, working full time and going to school full time I need something quick and healthy!
Chicken Stir Fry
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Frozen aray of veggies
Olive oil
Soy sauce
Water
Pepper (No salt, there is enough in the soy sauce)
Instant brown rice
Put the chicken, olive oil, soy sauce and some water in a zip lock bag, let stand for a couple hours and then bake all the yummy goodness in teh zip lock bag.
While chicken bakes cook the veggies on stove with olive oil in the pan and cook the brown rice.
Pile on plate and serve

Shane's Angie said...

OK, here's one meal that I made this week. It's super simple. You put boneless skinless chicken breast in the crockpot and dump Italian Salad Dressing on top of it. Cook on low for 6 hours. I serve it with salad and a side of Rice a Roni. I know it's not glamorous, but it's a staple at our house! (By the way, whenever I'm on your site, my girls huddle around the computer and oooh and ahh over Penina. When will I get to see that baby in person? I promise, I'm totally healthy!)

malia said...

i just made a roast this week. my first ever and it was SO easy and yum.

4 lb chuck roast
water, not quite covering meat
4 beef boullion cubes
baby carrots
3 potatoes
onion
salt and pepper

throw it in the crock pot on low in the am and you'll have a yummy dinner.
it makes a ton, so there is plenty of leftovers to do sandwiches too.