Thursday, February 5, 2009

Great Valentine Dessert Idea

On Studio 5 the other day they made a yummy Chocolate Cherry Cake it looked so good but unfortunately chocolate doesn't agree with my lil'one, since I'm nursing I can't have too much chocolate. SO I decided to make this recipe using a yellow cake mix instead.....OH MY GOSH!! I just have to say in the word of Gracie Sullivan "Perfecto-yummo" It turned out to be really good. I just added cool whip to the top instead of frosting and it was really good!! I think this would make fun valentines dessert, especially because it comes out pink thanks to the cherries!!

1 yellow cake mix
1 can of Cherry Pie filling
2 eggs

Pour everything in a bowl and stir, don't use mixer or the the cherries will mash up. Put in greased pan and bake at 350 for 30-45 mins

Top with cool whip or frosting whatever you prefer!

ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

Laraine said...

What a cute little cook! Good job...start 'em young!
Sounds good!

Shane's Angie said...

Gracie would definitely declare that recipe perfecto yummo! I actually used that recipe in a class in college...I had to demonstrate that and I'm not sure where I got the recipe from, but anyway, I used a white cake mix and blueberry pie filling. I'm definitely going to try the cherry for Valentines. Thanks Traci-boo!