Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My old journal

Today I starting reading my old journal from when I was ten, it has been hillarious reading all the thing I wrote about and see how bad my spelling was (that still hasn't changed) I found this entery that I wanted to share I wonder if my brother Brad will rememeber this....

May 14 1990 My little brother Brad just made my bed and took the govers (I'm including the original spelling as well, yes I meant covers) off and put them on again and made a big mess I fixed it and told Brad, not to hurt his feelings, that I was putting on my night gown. My birthday is a week from friday today is Monday. My birthday is May 25 1979, but it's 1990, 1979 was the year I was born.


I'm now just understanding the importance of journaling, the other day I was trying to recall on a specific time in my life and how I felt at that time and what happened exactly, I'm hoping I can find it in my journal. I usually remember to write in my journal twice a year but lately something has gotten into me and I have been writing in it at least once a week. It so important to remember the things that happen in our life that make us who we are!

With that being said this entery says so much about why my dating life was void in high school LOL

Oct 26 1991 Last night I went to my very first dance it was ok I got asked 4 times but I said no. Maren danced with Joshua Card (eeww) Mrs Larson and Mr Gordon danced. I learned the Midnight Slide, I had a good time.

I don't see anyone playing tag anymore, so I tag everyone who reads this to dig out your old journals and post some enterys, let me know if you do!!!

7 comments:

Laraine said...

This is a great reminder for all of us. I love to read my journal about when you kids were little....If nothing else, it is good ammunition when you are a Grandma!!! hahaha! Guess I'll write in mine when I get home!

Unknown said...

What a great tag idea Traci! I will do it.

Shane's Angie said...

That is hilarious! I'm so gonna do this tag! I love the part about Maren dancing with Jeremy...the memories of that cul-de-sac are delightful!
BTW, the few times I went to dances, I didn't dance, but I didn't get asked like you did! HA!~

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I don't remember that though.

Nava_jo said...

Aren't journals fun! I remember reading an old journal.Where I had blacked our a few pages with black marker. I have NO IDEA what I had written there. It bugs me to this day :)

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

I have to comment on this too..LOL. I have also been looking thru my old journals...and I have a million. I used to write almost every night, esp in HS. And its funny cuz almost every single entry begins "Tonight there was a dance..." or "Tonight at the ball game..." Its so funny! I love looking back and reading about how hard I thought life was at the time...little did I know, it was pretty easy then!

Cassidy said...

Whenever I read my journal from my childhood I am HORRIFIED. I did and said that most embarrassing things. I love to blog for that reason. I am terrible at keeping a journal, but blogging makes me feel like I am at least putting something down, you know?
PS Your kiddos are adorable! :)