Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gone but not forgotten


Yesterday was a perfect November day for a funeral. We were so happy that the weather was nice. The service for JoAnna and Kayla was perfect. I was so impressed with the three little ones there were so composed and aware and they handled the day better then me. A lot of family memebers have had the same impression that as JoAnna was being pulled from the car she saw Kayla's spirit confused as to what was going on and with motherly instincts JoAnna made the choice to be with Kayla, she knew the other girls had Russ and each other and that Kayla needed her! I feel that is so true, that is so JoAnna!! Although I know of God plan for us and that we can be together again I can't help but miss Joey and Kayla so much!!

I have a very thoughtful husband. Jethro said that the last time we went camping him and Kayla wanted to make a "nature bottle". A "nature bottle" is what the kids usually make out of used water bottles, they gather rocks and flowers and acorns and fill up the bottle with them. So Jethro and Kayla spent an hour looking for acorns and rocks and flowers and all that to make their nature bottle but because they got distracted with the idea to go fishing they never finished making their nature bottle. So Jethro gathered some acorns and flower petals and put them in a vase with a candle and made Kayla her "nature bottle". I thought that was so sweet of him!!






This has been a big eye opener for Ana as to what death really is. I still don't think she fully understands because she says she doesn't want JoAnna and Kayla to be dead anymore and that she wants them to wake up.


I don't know how else to explain it to her but she comes to me and says "mom, lets talk about Kayla and JoAnna" I think we will continue to have lots of talks about them and others we know that have passed on. I just keep thinking how would we do this without the blessed knowledge of the gospel!!

1 comment:

brenda said...

you don't know me but i hope you don't mind me reading your blogs about JoAnna and Kayla. JoAnna watched my little boy cort and i was so sad when i had learned of her and kayla's death. she was an angel sent to help me when i needed to go back to work and didn't know who could watch my little boy. i will miss her and kayla. i am so thankful for the short time i was blessed to have her and her sweet family in my life and my little boys life. her family will forever be in my prayers.