Saturday, November 14, 2009

This thing we call death.

I lost my dear cousin JoAnna and her daughter Kayla this past Thursday. JoAnna was my best friend since we were little we were always together when our families got together Joey and I loved to play together and as young girls I always thought it was so cool that she had her own song,"JoAnna I love you" by Kool and the Gang. JoAnna was always so much fun to be around she was a kind and patient mother and a great example. Kayla was JoAnna's clone she loved everything her mother loved most especialy animals. They had horse, dogs and even a pony. They had such a wonderful life here on earth they both left their prints on everyones hearts who knew them. I love them both so much and will miss them greatly! I'm so grateful that JoAnna married a man like Russ, he is such a hard worker and does all that he can to provide for his girls. Russ has also been a great example and I am so proud to call him family!! A trust fund has been set up at Wells Fargo for the Russel Anderson Family if you can please donate and help Russ who has to pay for two funerals and hospital expenses!!



What is this thing called death
This quiet passing in the night?
Tis not the end but genesis
of better worlds and greater light.

O God, touch Thou my aching heart
And calm my troubled, haunting fears.
Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure,
Give strength and peace beyond my tears.

There is no death, but only change,
With recompense for vict’ry won.
The gift of Him who loved all men,
The Son of God, the Holy One.

-President Gordon B. Hinckley-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking about you and your family so much. It breaks my heart. They look like such a sweet family. Hang in there.

Natalie Sullivan said...

Oh Traci, what a terrible tragedy. I have thought about all of you all weekend. I hope you have felt our prayers. Thank you for sharing what you did. Your words were incredibly comforting and faith filled. I'm always so impressed with your strength and testimony. This is such a hard time for all of you, and if you need ANYTHING at all, please let me know. If you need a babysitter for the girls in the coming days and weeks, please don't hesitate to give me a call, I'd love to help you out any way I can.

Lots of love from all of us...

Cajsa said...

Got your blog off Maile's...hope you don't mind. So sorry for the loss. We will keep their family in our prayers.