Friday, October 31, 2008

Stitches again....

We had a rude awakening Wednesday morning. Ana was asleep in Jethro's spot in our bed and that's the side closest to the wall and baseboard heater. So at about 2:30am she was turning in her sleep and fell out of bed and smacked her head on the baseboard heater. I didn't have my glasses on when I pulled her back in bed with me and held her on top of me while she cried. I felt what I thought where her tears running down on my face so I kept wiping it away when I finally looked at my hand and realized it wasn't tears it was blood.
I looked down and saw a gash in her forehead, poor thing. I called for Jethro, cuz he was sleeping in the living room, no he wasn't in the "dog house" he just like to fall asleep watching t.v. He took Ana and cleaned her up and we had our first trip to the emergency room! The nurses were great, they were so sweet with her. Ana was freezing in the cold emergency room so they got her a warm blanket and turned on cartoons for her while we waited for the doc. She was doing so good letting the nurses and doctor look at her ouchie until they had to numb it she cried and cried. Then the doctor came in to do the stitches and even tho Ana couldn't feel any pain after they numbed she didn't like having her face covered by the sheet so the doctor could stitch her up. Luckily it was only two stitches and it was over fast. The nurses felt so bad for her she got two stuffed animals and four stickers for her trauma!! Compared to her first experience getting stitches this time around was a breeze

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor girl. Why must our children get hurt??? I hate to think of all the injuries yet to come.

Shane's Angie said...

Your family sounds like ours, we have musical beds most nights, people just sleep where they are most comfy! I'm sorry to hear about the stitches, no fun for sure! She sure is a cutie though!