Friday, May 8, 2009

First day of school



Jethro had his first day of school today in 15 years. Yes my friends he hasn't had a day of school since he graduated High school. I've been nagging him for 8 years now to just take one class. So finally he decided he would and of all classes to start off with he is taking Math. So far so good he is impressed with himself on how much he actually understands considering how long its been since he has taken a math class. I'm so proud of him for taking this step. I know its been hard for him to go back at this time in our life, busy with work, kids, hula shows and all that life throws at you but he knows it will be worth it in the end and it will be a great experiance!!

3 comments:

sarana said...

way to go jethro!

Shane's Angie said...

Tell Jethro that Shane is STILL in school, and will be for about another year. He averages just one or two courses a semester...so it will take him a total of 11 years to graduate...unless something messes up the next two semesters...so, he's definitely not the oldest guy in school! (Sorry Shaner, I'm sure you're not the oldest guy either!) But, as soon as he finishes his bachelors (which will have taken him as long as a PH.D,) he is required to take me back to Hawaii to celebrate! Good incentive eh?!

Unknown said...

It took me 9 nine years to finish my B.S. degree. When I graduated and got a job it opened up a whole new world for our family. I think it's so worth it so stick with it. Just don't take 9 yrs like me...lol. When are we gonna do Mama Chus?