Friday, January 16, 2009

Childhood fears

Thanks Jo for the idea. My friend Jo shared some of the fears she had as a child and how funny the fears were now we can look back at them as adults and laugh. Jo, I had the same fear that someone or something may be hiding behind the shower curtain so I would hurry and use the bathroom or sometimes peak behind the curtain to make sure I was safe!! Even though under my bed was stuffed full of junk and toys I would be scared at night that someone was under my bed waiting to grab my leg the second it touched the floor so most nights I'd run into my room and jump into bed and say my prays laying down. One of my biggest fears and still is depending on what kind of movie I just watched or book I read, is ghosts. I remember imagining our downstairs had ghosts, if I had to go down to the basement family room by myself in the dark I would stand at the top of the stairs and muster up all my courage and run as fast as I could down the stairs turn on the light, get what I needed or do whatever chore I had to do and run back up the stairs like my life depended on it. I remember after I watched that movie called "Arachnophobia" My sister and brother, Kim and Kory, had to force me to take a shower after not showering for a week in fear that spiders would come out of the shower head.

I tag everyone who reads this...I know you have some funny stories to share!

1 comment:

Shane's Angie said...

I was deathly afraid of the toilet flushing at night. I'm totally going to post about that. Good tag Traci!
It was good to see you the other night, I hope your mom feels better really soon!