Thursday, January 8, 2009

A rough start....


This New Year has started off kind of rough. First off my grandma got the flu and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital where they found out she had pneumonia and a failing kidneys and all sorts of problems. We were scared for awhile that we might lose her but after lots of prayers and help from the doctors and nurses she is now recovering at home and getting stronger every day. I love my grandma so much I don't know what we would do without her. The day my grandma got out of the hospital my mom was admitted in to Utah Valley Hospital. Crazy story.....So my mom has been taking care of my grandma while she was in the hospital in Payson she stayed with her over night Sunday and Monday afternoon headed home. My mom stopped by my house Monday to visit for a bit and then in the horrible storm headed home. I told her to call me when she got home so I knew she was safe. She called me from the car as she was pulling in to the driveway and said she was home. THEN she being the woman that she is decided she was going to get the snow shovel and shovel the sidewalks so as she was headed down the driveway she slipped and fell. She fell so hard she knocked herself out and was lying in the snow for 15 to 30 minutes because when she came to she was covered in snow. Cutting the story short my dad found her and helped her in the house. All that night and the next morning she was in pain and it was clear she had a concussion but despite my brother and his wife Kelli's efforts my mom wouldn't go to the hospital to get checked out. Finally she called her doctor and she told her to go the emergency room. So she got a KAT scan and found out that she has cracked her skull and bruised her brain......yes my mom was very surprised she actually had a brain, we knew it all along but she had doubts hehehe. So they admitted her for observation and stayed two nights in the hospital. She is now home resting and getting better, despite her pain she is doing good. So the phrase "Call me when you get home" as a whole NEW meaning in our family now!!

8 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Traci, we gotta get these old folks off the ice! Did you hear that Nikki Clark's dad also slipped and got a concussion! What's the deal? Tell your mom how sorry I am to hear about her...and your grandma! You are all in our prayers!

Laraine said...

i will just say how happy I am to be home. A hospital is not a place to rest. They woke me up every two hours to check my pupils! I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonite.

Leavitt Family said...

Tell your mom we love her and to be careful and heal quickly!

The Aulava Family said...

Sorry to hear about the rough start to the new year. Makes me feel like my troubles are minimal. Glad to hear that all is well, and on the up and up now!

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

Hope everything is ok!! The reason they aren't letting us work those hours is b/c of some lawsuit going on or something so corporate has stepped in. I don't know if Jethro knows anything about it. I only know bits and pieces. Anyway, so it sucks. And as for Ins...what i've looked into, I can't find anything that has the coverage we have now! And if they do they are way pricy! We'll just have to try this whole day care business...even tho it really sucks!

Lavin's said...

I am glad your Mom is okay! And good to know she has a brain! We can rule out she is not part of the scarecrow clan! :) (Wizard of OZ)..."If I only had a brain."

Becca said...

So sorry to hear about Lorraine, I bet she has the headache of the century! Please tell her I am sorry and hope she feels better soon as I don't want to call her and make her headache worse! Love, Becca (Hardy)

Maile Fano said...

Traci, Cliff told me the story, but that is so crazy. Hope she is well and your grandma too. I love your Mom. She is easy to talk to and get along with. Tell them I said hello.