Wednesday, August 6, 2008

In memory of Roshelle Leigh Evans


Not many of you who read this will know my dear friend Roshelle but I'm sure you've read her comments on here once or twice. I wanted to do a blog about her because at 7:30a.m. today Roshelle Leigh Evans passed away from complications from cystic fibrosis. She was just a couple of years younger than me. Jethro and I met her and her husband in our ward after we were married and came to find out they were married the same day we were. We had the pleasure of becoming good friends with them. Roshelle was the first person I really trusted to cut my hair and she always did a great job. When she got really sick I had to get my hair cut from someone else and its never been the same. Roshelle,despite her illness, was always happy. She was such a pleasure to be around. She was always sharing her talents and testimony on her blog and had a "word of the month" she would research gospel doctorines about it and then share what she learned, I loved that. I know Roshelle is in heaven now and is no longer suffering but I will greatly miss her!! I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel that we have of life after this. In honor of Roshelle who like I said was alway sharing her testimony I would like to share with you my testimony. I know that the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints is Heavenly Fathers true church. We have a living prophet on the earth today, Pres. Thomas S Monson. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of us, I'm so grateful that He blessed my life with Roshelle's example and friendship! I will miss Roshelle greatly but I know I will see her again in the next life and I take great comfort in knowing that! I love you Roshelle thank you so much for your shining example and beautiful friendship!!!!


6 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Oh Traci, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your testimony, what a precious gift you gave us today. My thoughts and prayers will be with you while you mourn the passing of such a beautiful friend. I love ya Traci-Boo!

Aspiemom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been rereading through Roshelle's blogs and she was such an uplifting and sweet person.
(I have CF also)

Amy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I also have CF and belong to a site where she was active. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and her family in this difficult time. She has been such an inspiration to so many of us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

<3

Tonia said...

Hi Traci, I had read your comment on my blog months ago but hadn't tracked down yours until just today. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

Beverly said...

Thank you for sharing this. I've been reading through Roschelle's posts and know that she loved life. Thank God that her life doesn't end here.

Thinking of you.

Nava_jo said...

Isn't it great how life brings such great people into out lives. I'm glad you guys had so much time together. :) I wish the best for there family.