Saturday, August 30, 2008

Special Delivery

So I finally have a moment to myself and to check the blog and add some pictures, but I'm using my brothers laptop and it doesn't have a place for me to load pictures from my memory card so I thought I would just take the time and devuldge the details of the delivery for those of you who are curious! WELL it all started friday before the baby was born I had contractions all night long each one 10 mins apart, they hurt too but because they were 10 mins apart I didn't feel it was time to go the hospital until they get closer, so 7am Saturday they stop and now very random some 40 mins apart some 5 mins apart, they just weren't staying consistant but they were getting more painful. So Sunday after Jethro came home from church I told him I want to go to the hospital just to get checked because they were hurting so bad. So we went in and I told the nurse what was going on she looked hesitant that I should even be checked but she can't tell me no, so when she checked me she was so suprised to find I was already dialated to a 5. She kept saying over and over how suprised she was, so I was admited and got my precious drugs lol. When I had Ana the epidural wore off half my body three times and it started happening again with this delivery and I think the other half of my body was getting a double dose because it was so numb I couldn't move or feel my other leg at all it was really funky. So we went into the hospital at 2 and by 6:15 I was a 10 and feeling the pressure to push!! I pushed for about 20 min and at 6:38 Peninaolemoana was born! I couldn't believe it, I kept saying "I can't believe she is out" compared to my delivery with Ana that was a breeze! I could have 12 kids if all deliveries were like that hahaha but not really maybe 4 kids at the most. Anyway, I'm so happy to have a healthy baby girl! Ana has been taking on the role of big sister better than I thought she would. She loves to talk to Penina and sing to her. She gives her hugs and kisses all the time and is always willing to fetch what Penina needs. Jethro has been such a big help, he lets me sleep when I need to and cleans the house!! I feel so blessed, life is great and I'm enjoying my little family!!

5 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

So glad to hear that things went so well. I always feel so sorry for those waiting for their babies, there's so much trauma ahead, but it sounds like little Penina was a breeze! Hopefully that trend continues...get those pictures up as soon as you can, some of us can't get enough!

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad that you delivery went well. And now hopefully the recovery goes well for you also! Congrats again!

malia said...

so glad that everything went better than expected! hope you're feeling good too!

Nava_jo said...

I guess it is true, that all kids are different even down to the pregnancy and birth. Well, I hope this is a pre'curser to how my deliver will go in December :)

Congrats and I'm glad that lil'one was easy on you :)

BETS & VETS said...

Congrats she's beautiful