Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Here comes Santa Claus



All month long everytime I mention to Ana "Lets go see Santa" she almost bursts into tears. She has loved watching movies about Santa and talking about Santa but the thought of going to SEE Santa just scared her to death. At our family Christmas party Santa came and of course as sooon as he entered the room Ana sought me out and clinged. I would step closer to Santa and she would say "NO I want to see Santa from far away" So I talked to her for a little bit and told her to be a brave girl, I told her "If you can be brave for the doctor you can be brave for Santa" That seem to work she got off my lap and sat with the other kids at Santa's feet and when he called her name she got up and sat on his lap! As you can see from her body language in the picture she was still a little scared but so brave. When she got off his lap she had a big grin on her face and told me "I was so brave mommy!" After she opened her gift she cheered on her cousins standing on the side saying "Be brave Ashli!"
It was a fun party and Mr and Mrs Claus were so cute.


I posted this picture of my niece Sha for the Alumni of the 3rd ward so they can see how cute the Lindstroms were as Mr and Mrs Santa. This was the first year we've hired them and I hope we continue to do so in the future they were great with the kids!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that top pictures where you can tell she is NOT comfortable with the whole thing!

Nava_jo said...

I don't know what it is about Santa but he seems to scare alot of kids. I think it is the Beard. NOt alot of full bearded people walking around now a days :) I'm glad she was BRAVE!