Thursday, July 3, 2008

Its hard to be a mom!

I love being a mom, but some days are harder then others. Yesterday was my day off and I was planning a fun day for Ana and me. I thought after I ran some errands we'd spend the afternoon at the Scera Pool and then go see Kung Fu Panda. WELL in the morning while I was talking to the lady who works for me on my days off Ana was playing with her daughter in the house when I heard a big crash and Ana crying.
I ran in to see what happened, Ana had climbed on top of her red and yellow Little Tykes car and fell off and it came crashing down on her. Well it hit her so hard in the face that she got a bloody nose and bit her lip so hard that she had a big gash in her upper lip. Blood filled her mouth and was gushing out of her nose, I grab some paper towels and cleaned it up until I could see where it was coming from, that's when I saw the big gash in her lip. We got the bleeding stopped and I took her to the doctor.
Ana has never liked going to the doctor and screams and kicks every time we go even just for a healthy check up. I always have to pin her down so the doctor can check her. We walk into the office and Ana immediately starts crying "I don't wanna go to the doctor" All the moms are looking at us with a smirk on their face, you can tell they were amused and yet felt bad for Ana at the same time. Our regular doctor wasn't in that day so while trying to calm Ana down I have to fill out paper work. The nurse comes and gets us and Ana is still crying "I don't want to see the doctor" We try to get her to do the eye chart but she just clung to me and cried her usual. So we give up on that and go into the exam room where she gets worse. I get frustrated because I don't know how to calm her down so I start crying LOL I was so embarrassed but I couldn't stop myself. Not only am I frustrated but pregnant so my emotions are hard to control at this point. Ana starts crying "I wanna go home" so I tell her we can't go home until the doctor looks at her owey, that seemed to do the trick. She stopped crying and said "OK" and I was relieved that worked. UNTIL the doctor came in, then she got even worse she screamed "I wanna go home,I don't wanna see the doctor" The doctor said I'll be back and left so I could calm her down. I tried...Ana wouldn't stop. So he came back and we pinned her to the table so he could see her lip. Its always heart breaking to have to do this but we had no choice. So the doctor said he'll have to stitch it back up so it heals nicely. At this point I'm wondering what are they going to do to get her to hold still long enough to stitch it. Then they pulled out this thing called the "Papoose" and strap her down so she can't move. It was so sad and she hated it of course. I started crying again but as heart breaking as it was, I couldn't help but laugh she was pleading with the doctor. "No doctor, No doctor my nose doesn't hurt I'm fine" , "Doctor I want my daddy doctor" ,"Doctor I'm stuck". The way she said it was soooo cute she wasn't crying anymore she was pleading. My favorite thing she said was after I told her she was going a good job she said "I don't want to do a good job" . Finally she was all stitched up and back in my arms it was over!!! I thanked the nurse and the doctor and apologized for crying. They understood, these things are just as hard on moms as it is on the kids. The nurse gave Ana a bunch of band aids and stickers for going threw such an ordeal, that made Ana happy she stuck them all over her legs. We got in the car to leave and I had to have one more good cry to release. That was seriously the most emotionally frustrating experience I've ever had. After running errands, taking Ana to see daddy we finally got to see Kung Fu Panda!! I was so grateful to be able to sit in the dark theater and watch Ana enjoy the movie after such a horrible beginning to the day!! When we got home we both bathed and knocked out the second our heads hit the pillow!

6 comments:

JnR said...

Oh what a day for both of you! I'm glad you were able to salvage the day and watch the movie (is it good?). Hope Ana's lip heals nice and that she is feeling all better soon!

Traci said...

Thanks Roshelle, yes it is a good movie, Jack Black always makes for a good laugh!

Laraine said...

My poor sweet girls...Traci,you are too much like me. I can't control the crying,either. Sorry I passed that on to you. It is so hard to see your little ones hurt! When you had stitches in your eyebrow, I held up ok until it was over. Then I almost passed out. They made me lay on a table and gave me juice to drink until I felt better! Hope you and Ana are feeling better today! Love you.

Shane's Angie said...

You are preachin' to the choir with the crying thing. We all know the Pectols are renowed for they over-emotions! Traci, if it makes you feel better, I have cried many times at the doctor's with my kids, and when I was at Primary's with Evie, I cried til I did that hiccup thing. Soooo embarrassing! I hope little Ana heals well! I hope you endure this hot summer with that pregnant belly!

Jess said...

Awww... hope she is doing better and hope you are too! It's hard being prego and wrestling with a 3 year old at the same time. You're awesome!

JaPinoy said...

My heart goes out to you! *I'm trying to give you a virtual hug!* I hope things are going better now! -Jill O.