Thursday, May 15, 2008

My favorite toys

My friend Angie blogged about an old toy she use to play with and it got me to thinking how fun it would be to start a blog tag of favorite toys. Any of you reading this can join in with me in blogging about favorite toys, be it toys you use to play with or toys your kids play with!

I have lots of favorite toys I've played with over the years and some I've saved and some have moved on to other kids and DI and such. BUT I have over the years managed to save a few toys that Ana now plays with. I gathered them up and took pictures of them. The first is one of my most favorites as a child, this is my baby "Jennifer" I use to carry her around like she was a real baby I'd feed her changer her diaper and at night I would even put her into her PJ's and put her to bed and in the morning she would take a bath and get dressed. My mom claims she is the first grandchild lol
Oh and the craddle the doll is in was mine as well. I'm glad I kept that you can't find good doll furniture like that any more.
Next is a bunch of other dolls I use to love to play with, My Child, Cabbage Patch, Todd from Fox and the Hound, and a doll that is also a book about little red riding hood.



This next group of toys is my collection. I grew up on the muppets I've always loved the muppets and as a teenager I would collect everything I could that was muppets from shirts, toys, keychains, posters, dinnerware, mugs, I have a lot more muppet stuff then this but this is all I could find without digging thru storage. I even have a Kermit the Frog phone but its in a box somewhere. I'm a muppets freak!! I've had to tone down since I got married since I don't have anywhere to display this stuff anymore, one day tho I plan on having a room in my house that is "The Muppet Room"




So those are a few of my favorite toys, please share your favs I can't wait to see what they are and what toys you may have saved over the years!!

5 comments:

JnR said...

So much to catch up on! I love your 'Frosty' and that he has a new job!!! Also what a muppets collection! I collected magnets growing up I need to take a picture of all of them, as for toys I have some stuffed animals but that's it, I did have a cabbage patch doll but that is long gone. Congrats on a girl!!!! Oh and church starts at 9am.

Laraine said...

What a fun "tag"! It was fun to see your old toys...and Jennifer. It's true. She was the first grandchild. You were such a good little mother. If I remember correctly, Santa brought Angie the same doll. I think her name was Natalie. Look what good training you girls had. The doll cradle was actually made by a man that used to live in our ward. I think we bought it at a ward auction. And your Muppet collection is fabulous! I didn't realize you had all of those Muppets. You'll have to dig out the Kermit phone someday. It's a treasure! Great blog! It appears my cute little Ana is enjoying your toys!

Shane's Angie said...

Oh Traci, that was the funnest walk down memory lane! I was dying looking at how many precious things you kept, and I kept nothing! I think most of them got handed down to Amy and Jess, and then given to DI after they were grown! I loved that you still have "Jennifer". Your mother was right, I named my first child after my doll like that! Remember "Natalie"? Do you remember how we used to play "Sacrament Meeting" and give talks and take out our babies when they'd cry? Oh, and I remember those cradles...I'd give anything to have mine back. It had a little lamb painted on it. This has made me decide that my children are keeping (whether they like it or not) at least some of their favorite toys! I had just about everthing you did. "Santa" sure was smart, he must have known we were friends!

The Aulava Family said...

Hi Traci, just ran into your blog from Mel and George's. Anyways... Jethro told me you blog, a while back, but I never got your email from him, since we are on private. Jeane doesn't like not knowing who is looking at our family stuff. Anyways... please send me your email, and we'll invite you if you want.!

-Maka

maka@imagemaxphotography.com

malia said...

hey traci,

i found your blog from maka's! hope ya don't mind if i peek in every now and then. let me know if you wanna check out our blog too! it's on private as well.

malialittlefield{at}gmail{dot}com